Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm gonna live!

Dear Readers,
I am so much better today! I am awake bright and early, which is not good since I work the night shift from 630p to 7a. I'll have to get a nap later. I was in so much pain over the weekend, it felt like an amputation of my abdomen would be preferable. I hope it is a long time before that happens again. I have to be real careful what I eat. I guess that means I'm officially "old", although I still feel pretty good at nearly 52. On the good health news...I may not have Lupus! My rheumatologist ran some tests, and says that my positive ANA might be due to my gut problems, and the fact that I have a severe vitamin D shortage. So he started me on a lot of the D and I feel so much better, (until I got sick) that I don't have to take my pain medicine now hardly at all! They think that D is the secret to many of the diseases we suffer from. You see, you get it mostly from the sun, and as I've said I work the night shift and have for over 15 years. That, along with the increased use of sunscreen, is causing epidemic vitamin D deficiency! So what's a woman to do? I have to try and get 15 min of sun per day, preferably not between 12 and 4 p, and take the supplement. He's gonna check me in 4 mos. I already feel like a new woman. When I think of all the drs and drugs I've paid for and taken over the last 20 years it is infuriating! The deficiency causes the same symptoms as Lupus, MS etc. In my case it caused osteomalacia which is a fancy word for bone pain, as well as fibromalacia etc. I had to stop working out! I gained almost 100 lbs! Now it is slowly coming off. Apparently, it causes increased appetite and fat storage to try and get D from food. I don't feel hungry like before, and the depression is gone as well! Ah, that was problably more than you wanted to know... but I just hope everyone gets the simple blood test for vitamin D levels, who is suffering similar symptoms. You can research it on the internet if you like.
About my family; as I said before my daughter Kimberly is 23 and works at a movie theater, and my son Brandon is 26 and is married and works at Disneyland and goes to CSFullerton. My daughter in law, Christine is 24 and attends Fullerton JC. She is also employed by Disney, but is on medical leave. So you can see, my recreational activities are covered. I also bought a pass to Sea World, to get some serious walking in this summer, and to visit my beloved sea otters! When Kimberly goes with me, she visits the manatees. She sponsered one when she was a child, and had its poster in her room until it was beyond faded. This summer, she sponsered a new one named Robin. Hopefully, it won't get killed by the motor boats. Maybe she will share the updates about him and his friends here. She also bought a 5 ft square of the rain forest when she was a child. I have no idea how that is doing. She was a very conscienscious kid! Considering I only gave them one dollar for every year they were per week they really had to budget. For instance if they were 5 ,they got 5 dollars per week. They had to make their lunch or they could use their money once in a while. Mostly, they made their lunches. Usually, they saved for the latest video. I should have known they would go into the movie making business. They were always putting on puppet shows when they were toddlers, and then later had a neighborhood theater group which took place on our front porch. Kimberly graduated magna cum laude with her BA degree in film and electronic arts this past May. She wants to get into advertising for cinema. What ever company gets her will be blessed by her talents greatly. Brandon is majoring in the same thing, but wanted to be a cinematographer until recently when he changed his interest to sound editing. Since he is so meticulous, this fits his talents perfectly, and will allow him to stay closer to home while the children (my grandchildren!) are young. He plans to pursue the cinematography later. I think Christine is currently interested in family counseling. She is an amazing person, and I love her so very much; it seems as though she has always been in our lives. Sometimes, she has to remind us that something happened before Christine (BC) Ha Ha! She is wonderful for Brandon and he adores her. I want to post some pictures here, but have no clue how to. She is probably going to get stuck helping me do that. Well, I'll be signing off from the Horta Dorm now and wish you all God's blessings!

No comments: