Friday, October 10, 2008

Dear Readers,
Yesterday, I received a call from Debbie, my sister, and of course it had been sent the day before; but due to modern technical difficulties, I didn't receive it until 1 minute before she called again, about the anniversary of our mother's death. Maybe God knew that it would be easier to talk about it the day after. I called my Dad this morning, and chatted awhile. It was so good to hear his voice, and I can't wait to see him. My Dad is a really cool guy. He loves taking early morning walks, even though he is almost 82. He has the legs of a much younger man! He loves all nature. And if you want to talk about "Mavericks" he really is one. He has been an environmentalist even before it was popular. He and a friend, Bob, worked hard to get the saftey regulations passed in his state about pools, because he didn't want to hear about one more child drowning due to lack of fencing. He predicted this "Depression" years ago, and I thank God, because I am less shocked than others now that it is a reality. He is satisfied with the simple things in life, and that is a good legacy to give us all. He is a quiet man; although now that Mom is gone, he talks alot more. That is wonderful; because it means he is sharing himself with us, and we really want to know him!
Yesterday, I also discovered that my paycheck was short! Apparently, I've been forgetting to punch in or out, and so they thought I was working 6 hr shifts! depending on when I took my lunch. Since there is only 1 therapist in NICU at a time, this is not hard to check, but it is my responsibility. Funny, that no one tried to charge me with patient abandonment! That is the other reason I need to correct this. People get fired, and have their licenses yanked for that. In trying to compare paychecks, I was unable to find many that had the correct hours on them. Now, I have to go back and try and get the money owed myself from Payroll. My only excuse is to point out that I have been exhausted for many years due to the Vitamin D deficit. I like to think people have what's called "integrity". Now, that I am fully awake, I must be properly compensated. I am feeling years younger! I am moving again! I am back to having so much energy, and just in time to save my life, and my money!
I am getting excited about the family memorial and reunion. I am glad I'll be feeling well enough to enjoy everyone. I plan to take lots of pictures. Autumn is my absolute favorite season of all! For me, the holidays have always started in October, my birthday month, with the changing of the leaves. What a spectacular display God puts on for all of us! It really reflects his love for everyone! Sometimes, as adults, we might not notice these "gifts". I think that is why we are instructed to be as little children. They appreciate the spectacle and wonder around them. They are so forgiving of our shortcomings as "grownups". They love us anyways!
The "kids" are going to add some installments here on the blog, as soon as they get a moment of free time. Stay tuned for that!

3 comments:

Grammie said...

Thank you for letting me know about your blog. It has been a long time since we have chatted.

I was unhappy to hear the exact date Ruth passed away in your blog. I knew it was about this time and just two days ago said to myself that I really didn't want to know the exact date so that I am not reminded on that specific day each year of one of the saddest moments of my life! But now I know the day..:( As I sit here with the tears running down my face.) I am not looking forward to this weekend as I know it will be a very sad and uncomfortable one, but it is something that has to take place, I guess. You mentioned in your blog about being the closest to your sibblings. You couldn't be more right. Your mom was the only steadfast thing in my life and had always been there since the day I was born..I knew her much better and felt closer to her than I did my own mother.

Heard you called yesterday..I have been wanting to talk to you, but everytime I think to call, it is a bad time for you, so please, dear, keep trying..I will be home all day tomorrow(or at least after 12pm) I hear we are both flying into Chicago about the same time..so maybe we'll meet up there..you never know. Glad to hear you are feeling so much better..I am a firm believer of being in charge of my own health.

Aren't these blogs great? I just love Jacque's..we hardly talk on the phone anymore. I am very remiss about keeping mine up to date, but must begin doing so again. Say hi to all your babies, big and small, for me and I will be waiting for your call. Lots of love, Aunt Kathy

Kim Arden Horta said...

Dear Aunt Kathy, If mom had to die before me, I am glad it was in my birthday month, because then I'll always remember it and honor her passing to the other side of the veil. I'm sure it was a joyous celebration as she was met by those dear to her. I know she is watching over us, and that she is happy serving Heavenly Father in the Kingdom. That brings me so much peace. Can you imagine the reception she received? I hope that you will be at peace about it. I know she loved you very much. You were her first "baby" and all us oldest siblings are more like mothers. I believe that we will someday all be together again and what stories we will have to tell then! Hope to see you soon. I have a layover in Chicago for a few hours...maybe we will see each other. That would be great. Love Kim

Krishana said...

So great to see you have a blog! That means I may need to keep up with mine again.! :) We are sooo exited about the gathering this weekend. Yes, I know it will be sad, but at the same time I am so looking forward to reminiscing about Auntie Ree. She's such an amazing person....