Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer Heat

I am not a summer person. I love autumn. Autumn can not get here soon enough. I ran the air conditioner again last night...all night. It is a window unit out in the living room, and I have to position a fan, going full blast, to blow into the back where the bedrooms are. On a personal note...I absolutely hate menopause! Not that I have a uterus anymore...but the power surges are so embarrassing, and in this heat I look like I'm melting...all the time. The sweat drips off my earings for gosh sakes! So come on cool, crisp, beautiful fall! I also need a job working in a refrigerator, and not under baby warmers set to body temp...yep 98.6. When I asked the elder ladies at church how long this phase of my life would last they smiled and said they were still having hot flashes! They got to be 90! How is that possible? I did ask Mom about all these annoying symptoms, while she was still alive, but she said she didn't experience them. Lucky me...! So I didn't get much sleep again last night, and woke up to 3 dogs staring at me; 10 minutes before the alarm was set to go off. They wanted to go out. I really needed that last 10 minutes. No one should have to get up at 430 in the morning. It just feels wrong. On the upside, I had the freeway pretty much to myself. I listened to country music on the way in to work; which is just stories put to music, which always makes me smile; so that by the time I switched freeways I was in a much better mood. The moon was huge and orange looking suspiciously like a harvest moon, which can only mean one thing...Autumn is on its way!

No comments: