Saturday, November 8, 2008

Making History in my Corner

Dear All,
Voted for Obama this week after standing in line for 5hrs. Actually, I stood for 3 hours and then sat for 2. I had attended church and even though it was sunday, it was the only day I could vote. First, I was in the sun under my green umbrella, and then when the sun went down I was under a tent where I sat and got cold. I never get cold, but I did. When they finally called my #, I could barely walk to the booth. There I filled in the bubbles. The whole time in line the No on 8 supporters were screaming at us. I might add that they were telling lies as well. It was very hostile and I'm glad I had attended church, so that I could stay in my "happy place". Still, it was emotionally exhausting!Standing for what's morally right is hard, being labeled a bigot and hateful is heartbreaking, and then praying for those that don't understand to be given understanding feels impotent. I never thought I would see the swat teams protecting the temple in my lifetime. I know that in the latter days good people will be mocked and ridiculed. I also know which side wins the battle. Standing for something morally correct is hard now; I can only imagine how difficult it will be for my grandchildren. May the angels of heaven protect us. Love Kim

No comments: